Saturday, July 7, 2018

IS YOUR NEW CAR KILLING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How To Get Rid Of Toxic "New Car Smell"


Love that “new car smell”? You’re likely sniffing a unique cocktail of toxic fumes from chemicals used to create the car interior.

study tested for 200 car interiors and found more than 275 different chemicals, according to CBS News.

“For the study, researchers at the Ecology Center tested more than 200 of the most popular 2011-2012 automobiles for chemicals that “off-gas” from interior car parts such as the steering wheel, dashboard, armrests, and seats. They assigned a “vehicle rating” based on the amount of chemicals they found.
The researchers found more than 275 different chemicals in the interiors of cars. Some chemicals of concern include bromine from brominated flame retardants (BFRs) which are added to plastics to make them less flammable, chlorine used for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) used for plastics and windshields, lead, and heavy metals.”

The study revealed the top “worst” cars for chemicals in car interior, including:

·      Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
·      Chrysler 200 SC (TIE)
·      Kia Soul
·      Nissan Versa
·      Hyundai Accent
·      Chevy Aveo5
What’s even more concerning? These chemicals are more toxic and unstable when the car is new or left in the sun. And since they are not regulated, consumers have no way of knowing the dangers they face.
How To Get Rid Of “New Car Smell”

#1 BAKE IT OUT 

Leave your car in the sun for a few hours to release chemicals from the interior. Open the windows to let fumes filter out into the air. According to NoOdor.com, “heat is one of the best ways to flush out toxins from your car. High heat will catalyze the release of chemicals in the car in a process referred to as “baking out.” The method requires raised interior temperatures in the vehicle, a source of ventilation, and a final cleaning.”

#2 WICK IT OUT

Activated charcoal absorbs air contaminants eliminating odors and purifying car air. You can detox your car with charcoal bagsor charcoal deodorizer seats. Does it really work? Here are some happy customers on Amazon!

“I got these because we just leased a new car (safer car for baby) and I wanted to get rid of the “new carsmell” ASAP. Did you know that it is the off-gassing of VOCs consisting of a bunch of carcinogens like formaldehyde and benzene that could potentially cause cancer and who knows what else? And it takes months and months for it to go away, if not years, because when it’s really hot the VOC levels spike up again? We have a 6-month old baby and I was freaking out about it so when I saw this product, I was skeptical but I was desperate so I ordered 2 for the car. It’s now been 2 weeks and I’m happily surprised to say the smell is noticeably less, like by at least half I would say… I also love that it’s made out of sustainable bamboo, that it’s biodegradable and I can keep using it for years to freshen things up… and all I have to do to recharge it is put it in the sun for an hour. So happy I found this product – and for such a great price!! – to detox our car and give me some peace of mind.” (Amazon Review on Moso Natural Air Purifying Bag)

“Removed old smells in 24 hours from my cabin. I bought a used car about a week ago that was owned by a smoker so I put 3 of these in there and the stale cigarette smell was gone in 2 days.”  (Amazon Review on Jalousie 12 Packs 100g Each Mini Bamboo Charcoal Bags Natural Air Purifier)

#3 FRESHEN IT

Essential oils like lavender, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil are known to detoxify indoor air. You can use a car essential oil diffuser to keep a fresh environment in your car!

Sarah has been using this car essential oil diffuser for a while and says: “Perfect for car trips, no matter how long or short. I love using my diffusers at home, and was so excited to find this to be able to take with me on the go. When I have kids in the car, I can put lavender in and it keeps them happy and calm and they love looking at the “cool colors!” Keeps the car smelling fresh and keeps my spirits up or if I am sick, I put the necessary essential oils in so I can constantly be getting better by the second no matter where I go. Love it and worth the price!”

Another user loves it too: “I love this little car diffuser! It is so cute and works very well… Just fill the reservoir with water, add a few drops of essential or fragrance oil, then close the top and plug it in to your car charger… It really puts out the scent and makes my car smell fresh and clean which is what I was looking for. I have been buying all sorts of other types of air fresheners which were just too weak to have much of an impact. I think this will save money as it only takes a few drops of scent to last quite a while.”

The Staff: This has been placed here as I am one of the unlucky ones who have a sensitivity to "New Car Smell". If you search the net and use New Car Odor you won't find much, use New Car Smell. You will not like the chemicals you read about.


No comments:

Biden

 If you fail to support Israel and side with Hamas, F -- YOU, you old son of a bitch. What the "F" will you do when Hamas kills a ...