Thursday, February 22, 2018

Trump and Gas Taxes

The Moran speaks about raising the GAS TAXES and a USAGE TAX on autos. Try cleaning up the Department of Transportation   and then force the state DOT's to do the same. Stop the waste that I have seen first hand in Florida.

Years ago I was working on I-4 near Plant City and we were drilling for the coming expansion. We found a way to save the State of Florida DOT over $1,000,000.00 and advised how to the FDOT. Their response, no we don't want to do that. All we had to do was move another 1/8 mile east and drill another location. This would have saved them but their thinking is "If we don't spend what we have now, they will reduce it next year"

I use to be in charge of Bidding Florida DOT projects (roadway testing for road expansion) and learned I could charge at least TWICE what the same test would be in the private sector. This crap was allowed to happen all the time. Another example of waste, road expansion years ago in Debary, FL covered Hwy. 17-92 and the FDOT had two other inspection firm on site at the same time they had their OWN INSPECTOR THERE. 

Get some facts Donnie before you start talking about sticking more taxes up our collective ass. We the People have been taxed enough. Try telling the congress and all State DOT offices to make do, price work correctly or write me and I'll be happy to help stop this nonsense.

No comments:

Funny

Russia says US support for Ukraine will end as ‘humiliating fiasco’ like ‘Vietnam and Afghanistan’ The Staff: If I remember correctly, Russi...