Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Republican That needs to be Voted Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subject:Repeal the G.I. Bill
Rep. Joseph Pitts
November 19, 2009
I support the repeal or curtailing of the G.I. Bill. Although there's a sense in which I admire our veterans' bravery, it is obvious to me that most veterans are not "college material," intellectually speaking. Universities, however, feel pressured to accept their otherwise substandard credentials because to do so is to tap into a reliable revenue stream from the federal government.
A similar situation exists with affirmative action policies, although the justifications are different, and, in my view, more robust. The federal government's subsidizing of the college education of otherwise unqualified military veterans dilutes the meaning and value of a college education. I do not mean to be disrespectful, but I do not share this awed reverence for our veterans. Loyalty in itself is no virtue, killing is killing, and human beings in uniforms are still human beings.
I will not be prevented from questioning the wisdom of certain policies such as this one by people playing the "military service card" and I hope you will not be either.
Lancaster , P

No comments:

Merchan

 This piece of shit Judge should be removed from the case as his family is making a profit from this sham as his f**king daughter works for ...